Sunday, January 23, 2011

my cheeks hurt from smiling.. :]

I am so lucky.
Why? Because i'm surrounded by so many AMAZING people.
First of all, there's my mom. She is my hero :] ..she's taught me how to treat others, how to laugh, how to find Christ in all that I do, how to listen, how to survive awkward situations, how to accept people and NOT JUDGE, and most importantly, she's taught me how to love.

Then there's my dad.
Holy cow.
Where do I begin?
My dad has taught me how to work. He's taught me that life isn't just a freebie. He's taught me that most of the time winning IS the most important thing.. but you can't win all the time.  He's taught me that strike outs are gonna happen; the most important thing is that you don't let it get to you.  And lastly, because of my dad, I'm no wuss.  He taught me to "Rub some dirt on it" and "pull my head out".

Then there's Aidan :] my brother.
Firstly, he's a STUD. Plays the drums, makes all kinds of music, aaand is cool enough to watch (and enjoy) a chick flick.  Oh, and did I mention he scored like 30 on the stinkin ACT without even studying? Ya. He's flippin smart. Buut he's also the kind of person who wouldn't flaunt his genius in yer face. He's accepting and ALWAYS inclusive.  It's something I've always admired him for.
He's always been an example of caring to me.. even though it took me a while to see it.  He can always make me laugh with his wicked fast humor. 
And he knows what's really important in life.

Next: Daniel :P
I'm sure you all know one kid who is just naturally talented at everything they do; they don't even have to try..
Ya.
That's Daniel.
His main realm of awesome is baseball (tho i could go on and on about everything else he rocks at as well). And, like Aidan, even though he knows he's legit, he's not cocky about it.  He also is the KING of sarcasm, let me tell you.. I can't even begin to count the number of times where he made fun of someone (unbeknownst to them). But he knew, and I definitely knew.. and that's where the hilarity occurs. lol.
He's also great at relating to people. He's really aware of people around him and, although that can sometimes create awkward situations for himself, I think it's an awesome quality. He's always been a great example to me. In a lot of aspects, I look up to him.

Last in my family is Becca.
This girl.. makes me smile.
She's the youngest in our family, but knows a surprising amount fer her age.
Hahahaa.. she ALWAYS always always says the funniest things!  It seems like she always says the exact right thing (or wrong, depending on how you want to look at it) at the exact right time. lol!
And thenn when we all laugh.. she does this face where she tries to look mad, but you can tell that she's trying super hard not to laugh and lose her cool.
It's adorable. :P
And even though she's much younger than me, she's taught me a lot.  The most important being: it doesn't matter what people look like, it's their actions that count.  Close behind that, there is: never sleep in the same bed as her ;]

Outside of my family there are TONS of people who influence me for the better.. my floor-mates, the girls in my Relief Society, and even those occasional awesome strangers, to name a few.

But I'd like to mention a few specific friends that are amazing examples to me on a daily basis.

Ari. :]
She is always smiling and keeping me going.  She's a great listener, so I can always vent to her, but she also keeps my emotional side in check without being too mean about it.  She has awesome taste in.... well, pretty much EVERYTHING. lol.
Aaaaand, she is gorgeous! Without even trying, she manages to look hott.

And, last but definitely not least, Devin.
He is always looking out for me. :]
It's stinkin adorable.
But, even outside our relationship, I see the way he treats people and I really admire it.  He is super chill, accepting, non-judgmental, and sincere.

but if i could take a hammer to his xbox, i would do it in a heartbeat. :]
juss sayin.







No comments:

Post a Comment