Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ooh la la la la :I

i don't even know where to start...

well, i'll talk about my host family first, cuz i don't have anything bad to say about them. haha.
i live with an old retired couple named Gizelle and Robert. :]
they are soooo nice and generous. they respect my privacy, but still try to connect with me and have conversations (tho it is difficile sometimes..)
aand, they always make the yummiest dinners! there's always 4 courses.
vegetables/salad/anything you can douse in vinegrette is premiere.
then, usually some sort of meat (accompanied with cooked vegetables)
next.. CHEESE! haha.
and don't forget the bread that goes with every course as well.

lastly, dessert. mmmmm :]
Gizelle is an amazing cook! and she especially loves to make jams, and other sweet things.. so dessert is always delicieux.

it's been really nice here :] but still kind of awkward since i don't know them, and we can't completely communicate.. that will solve itself with time tho.

next..
CLASS.

ugh.

the first day was just really explanatory. nothin too exciting. juste tres longue.
they told us about IFALPES and then took us on a tour of the town. it was lovely scenery but soo dang HOT. plus my knee is still killing me so it wasn't super pleasant.. :/ but like i said, super pretty.

oh, and did i mention the placement test we had to take?? ya..
the written part was ok, but the oral part was a disaster.
seriously.
i went into the room for it (extremely nervous of course) and the teacher just asked me questions in french and i answered them the best i could.
i THOUGHT i was doing pretty decent.

then the end came.

and she straight up told me that i didn't conjugate like anyy of my verbs so she was gonna put me in a beginner class.

:'[

this may not seem like a big deal, but i was at the end of my emotional rope.
i went from being with my fam in the US, to being in Paris with my friends, to being alone in Annecy with a non-english speaking family that i don't know.
i was more than a little culture shocked.

so i may or may not have cried after that oral exam.

THEN
today, when i went to my class (group 3.. grr) i found out my teacher was the same lady who tested me.
sheesh.

so i suffered through 4 hours of class..
it wasn't horrible or anything, just boring cuz i already knew most of the stuff she was teaching.

and at the end of the day, Kaitlyn and i tried to talk to her about moving up a group, because we didn't feel challenged enough.
buut either we couldn't get our point across clearly in french, or she was just plain rude, because she said that we wouldn't be able to handle the material in group 4, it would be too difficult for us. she wouldn't let us switch.
oh
my
gosh.

i wanted to scream.

if i could have talked to her in english i would have been the biggest bitch to her and prolly not even felt bad about it.

pardon my french.

pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment